April 28, 2008

I received an envelope from Imperial Majesty Cruise Line Vacations (aka Ramada Plaza Resort) today.

Inside the envelope, there was a travel voucher worth $1300. I was promised 4 days & 3 nights at a Ramada Plaza Resort in Florida, another 3 days & 2 nights at another Ramada Plaza Resort in Florida, a 2 night Caribbean Cruise and 7 days transportation by Alamo Rent-A-Car with unlimited mileage.

Too good to be true? Well, you know how the saying goes.

This Ramada Plaza Resort scam is fairly well-known. In fact, back in 2005, I filed a complaint with the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and also the Florida Attorney General upon receiving this scam. They acknowledged the complaint as I received a formal response from the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services.

This “deluxe” vacation package consists of two sub-standard hotels and a very old, poorly kept ship. This “deluxe” vacation package also violates the following sections of the Sellers of Travel Act: 559.932 (Vacation certificate disclosure), 559.933 (Vacation certificate cancellation and refund provisions) and 559.9335 (Violations).

If you have been scammed by Ramada Plaza Resort, contact me using the comments section of this blog entry. I have enough legal documentation to get you a full refund.

Add your own comment or set a trackback

Currently 32 comments

Pages: [4] 3 2 1 »

1. Comment by Robert Dugan

I wish I’d of read this before I agreed to this cruise deal. If it’s too good to be true it must be, could you please email your method.
    Thanks

2. Comment by karen

I just signed up for the 598.00 special which included 6 nights resort, 2 vip universal studio tickets for 2 days and a car rental. They said i won a cruise when they first called me but i told them i did not want it as that later cost 149.00 each. They said that would be okay. I was given some reservation number which i lost and i waited to get my package in the mail. All i got was a piece of paper telling me to look up my package online. I didnt I phoned them instead and said I wanted a refund as I couldnt believe that is all they sent for me paying 598.00. I also then looked up online all about them and I definately do not want to be a part of this scam. They told me I only had 2 days to cancel and then hung up on me . I called the next day and they were so nice but again I was too late to cancel as Canadians have only 10 days. They then said they would upgrade the car and give me another day since i was told that i didnt have to go to a presentation which I do have to. They also told me that I do not have universal tickets but I have a 100.00 entertainment voucher that i can use for buying a ticket, which i then found out the next day that i have to give up the car to get that 100.00. They have lied to me about other things too but all i want is to get out. i phoned and faxed my request before 30days and within my 2 days of receiving the letter. Thank you very much if you are willing to help
    karen

3. Comment by LaTina

please let me know how to get a refund from this company!

4. Comment by Danielle Bickley

I bought my Vacation Package two years ago, I reserved it to go in May, however after reading all the horror stories online, and already experiencing false information, I am ready to fight to get a full refund. Please, PLEASE, please help me.

5. Comment by Ive been scammed

Please please instruct us how to get our money back!!!!! ASAP!

6. Comment by Becky

I have been scammed and have paid out more than $1000. A refund would be nice but at this point I would just like them to stop harrassing me and saying that I will be legally held to pay a remaining balance of $898 on a vacation that I do not plan on taking. Please send me information that will assist me in getting out of this situation.

7. Comment by Adam

I have sadly been dragged out by this company since 2004, and finally have had too much. Any legal documentation you have that I can use would be greatly appreciated.

8. Comment by ed bucholtz

i to had the same problem as renia only i am canadian .thanks for your help . ed

9. Comment by JW

Could you send me the legal documentations please. I was told I just have to make a complaint to the division of consumer affairs, but I want to make sure I have all the information first before I pursue it. Thank you in advance

10. Comment by Renia

I am also a victim of Ramada Plaza Resorts (RPR). I paid first $698 in 2004. Then 6 months later, a rep from RPR called and advised me that if I paid another $698 for the 2nd person, he would upgrade my package to VIP which extended my package to another 3 yrs to 2009. So, I paid. This year, I planed to use my package so I called them to book my vacation. They told me that my package is invalid because it’s expired regardless what I told them I was lie to pay for 2nd person for 3 yrs extendable period. In order to renew my package, I had to pay another $830. And they refused to give me back my previous payments ($698×2)!
    I think it is getting too ridiculous. I need your great help so that I can get my previous payments back. You wouldn’t imagine how much this means to me. It’s really been a nightmare to me for past 3 weeks to figure out how to get a refund especially after several yrs

many thanks,